Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Naming your mission!!!


Discovery Day Homeschool! That is the name that I am thinking of naming our homeschool. What do you all think? I think that it says what I want out homeschool to be about. Sure we need to learn all the state required stuff, but I want her to love doing it! I want her to really understand what she learns and I want, more then anything, for to never loose her enthusiasm for discovering new ideas! So this brings me to the question that I want to see if any of you have thought of, what is your mission in educating your kids? What do you want for them? I think that having a really clear idea of what you want out of your homeschooling experience. As parents out first and primary mission is to make sure that out kids are ready in the best possible way to be the best citizens they can be. How will you do this? Summer is here and now we have a chance to really prep for the fall that comes upon so fast! lol The homeschool catalogs are starting to flow in and all of a sudden the school supply list starts to grow! lol Having the goals in mind before getting into the catalogs can save a ton of time( and money ;) For me, I love doing unit studies and preparing so many different topics. I love also to have the freedom to take off and learn about whatever strikes out fancy! Our best friend is the library!!!! lol So I really encourage you to find YOUR mission, hold on to it, and let it shape all you do in your education, even if your not sure your are a homeschooler! All parents are educators and have to determine the best way to educate their family! Dont just pick the easiest thing, the cheapest thing, or the common thing without making sure that it is the best thing. Happy Educating! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment