Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Advanced Art Class~ Week 2~ by: JL (age 15)

I am so very happy to have JL back today to share more of the art that he has done in the advance art class this week! Take a look and let us know what you think! I think he is doing a great job! :)

In this week’s art lesson, I again used contour drawing, but this time I drew three-D objects. So I went around the house and found: a clay frog, a pawn, a pair of scissors, a pocket knife, and a stapler. I was trying to look at the objects as lines instead of shapes. It was kind of tricky to get the hang of it, as you can see by the first one I drew (the clay frog). I didn’t look at it as lines, I kept thinking of it as a frog, so it didn’t turn out as well. I was really proud of the knife and the stapler. I think they turned out well. This way of drawing, has made things that are difficult to draw, a lot easier to do.
Contour line drawing from ordinary objects.                       9-8-11

Thanks so much JL for sharing your work! It is wonderful! Stay tuned everyone, tomorrow is color class week 3!!!! See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment